Monday 27 April 2009

You know you are filthy when...


... you stand in the shower for 5 minutes and the water does not even get through to your scalp! Seriously - I had to wash my hair 3 times before I could even feel my scalp. I think I had 4 lbs of plaster in there.



A stripped clean room... now to take out what is left of the strip flooring... but that will have to wait for another day. All in all, it was about 5 hours of some pretty hard and filthy work.

It was kinda neat to see the back of the mudroom cabinets again (the clean section at the end of the room). I even took a moment to read some of the notes I had scribbled on the backs as I was building them.


Most of mount Lathmore!

And my deepest thanks to my friend Steve for helping with this - I owe you man!



And for Aled... here is a plane I finished this morning... before starting work in the room:)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Konrad,
I hope that you had some protection from the dust.

Steve

27 April 2009 at 23:04  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hi Steve,

Sure did... Jill must have taken that photo in one of the few moments when I took it off. We had a large fan installed in the window and it moved an incredible amount of air (dust) as we were working. It was also a very windy day - which helped too. Thanks for your concern.

Cheers,
Konrad

28 April 2009 at 06:09  
Anonymous Ed Paik said...

Holy Cow Konrad!

Finished an awesome plane AND demolished a substantial sized room AND a blog entry!? All in one day! Where are you getting the energy from? You're no Spring Chicken you know. Slow down you're making the rest of us look bad! :-)

Take care!

Regards,

Ed

28 April 2009 at 07:06  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hey Ed,

Trust me - I am feelin it today:) At least everything still moves ok.

Cheers,
Konrad

28 April 2009 at 07:08  
Blogger Cody said...

Oh man. I sympathize with your efforts Konrad. I spent most of last summer tearing lathe and plaster out of my farmhouse. Nice work! It's gonna be totally worth the work.

29 April 2009 at 09:41  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hi Cody,

Yeah - we are pretty excited about the new room. The lathing just found a home - a friend is taking it to use for kindling. I love when stuff is re-used!!

Cheers,
Konrad

29 April 2009 at 13:00  
Anonymous tyler mckenzie said...

Apparently some plaster was mixed with asbestos, instead of horse hair. Keep safe. Beautiful work, house and planes.

30 April 2009 at 10:55  
Blogger Aled said...

Niiiice!! ;-)

Cheers

Aled

30 April 2009 at 16:50  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the warning. Was the use of Asbestos a regional issue, a certain time period or both?

Cheers,
Konrad

30 April 2009 at 17:51  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hey Aled - thought you‘d like that:)

Cheers,
Konrad

30 April 2009 at 17:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home